Force sensors and load cells for logistic solutions
Are you looking for a way to optimize and automate your logistics operations? Read here more about how Zemic's solutions can benefit your business.
In this sector we have two kinds of solutions.
Firstly we recognize the smart warehouse solutions, which are increasingly being used. Here we find smart warehouse management solutions, autonomous robots, shelf weighing, stock and storage control for the in- and outbound logistics.
Secondly we see the traditional logistics weighing solutions, such as weighbridges and onboard weighing in all kind of vehicles.
Smart warehouse solutions for intralogistics
Intralogistics is a term which is often used nowadays. Intralogistics is the profession of optimizing, integrating, automating, and managing the logistical flow of information and material goods in a warehouse.
Weighing is used in smart warehouse solutions for control and monitoring. Zemic load cells are often used to measure more accurately. Our load cells are designed to optimize and automate your warehouse management, increasing efficiency and output.
A few examples of smart warehouse solutions:
• Shelf weighing for accurate stock control: Monitoring and controlling the storage of SKU’s (stock keeping units). We see a lot of solutions where the shelf is being weighed in order to control stock.
• Autonomous robots for 24/7 operation: Also the use of autonomous robots driving around in smart warehouses 24/7 causes a high increase in efficiency and output. Autonomous robots are already in use in 3 party logistics processes.
• Stock and storage control for in- and outbound logistics.
• Overload protection of warehouse lifting equipment is also relevant to this industry.
Traditional accurate logistic weighing solutions
The most common way of weighing trucks is the use of weighbridges. You will find Zemic compression load cells with the associated accessories installed in many weighbridges throughout Europe.
Onboard weighing solutions are in high demand. Dual shear beam load cells or onboard load cells are often used on vehicles. Zemic has developed a special onboard mounting kit for installing load cells on a truck. This kit makes installing more easy an assures accurate weighing. In several industries, such as the waste and environmental industry, vehicles need to register weight. You can read more about this topic in our case study about onboard weighing. On this page you will find our most commonly used load cells for onboard weighing.
Also in the agricultural industry, vehicles are equipped with load cells and the appropriate mounting assembly. The integration of these sensors makes precision agriculture possible, as you can read in this case study.
Weighing is also important in other vehicles, like;
• Aeroplanes; you will find more information in our case study about Fokker.
• Racing cars
- Our Zemic loadcells are also used for these applications
Zemic collaborations in the logistics industry
You can read more about our collaborations in the logistics industry in the following case studies:
• Why use Force Sensors from Zemic Europe in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)?
• Zemic weighing sensors integrated into Autonomous Mobile Robots
• Indaco Project uses Zemic loadcells for their Personal Storage Machine
• WEP-Weisshaupt uses Zemic loadpins in material lifts
• Actiw oy integrates Zemic load cells in their LoadPlate®
• TTS Smilde BV integrates Zemic load cells for onboard weighing
Contact us for personalized solutions and expert advice Contact us
Zemic Europe will be participating at the upcoming POWTECH exhibition!
- Venue: Exhibition Centre 90471 Nürnberg, Germany
- Location: Halle 4 / 4-301
- Date: 26 - 28 September 2023
This exhibition is a great opportunity for us to showcase our latest innovations and products. We have been working hard to bring you weighing solutions that cater to your needs and exceed your expectations.
Electric bicycles, commonly known as e-bikes, have gained immense popularity in recent years due to their ability to blend human pedaling power with electric assistance, resulting in an efficient and eco-friendly mode of transportation. With advancements in technology, e-bikes have seen significant improvements in terms of power delivery, range, and overall performance. One crucial aspect that contributes to these enhancements is the integration of force sensors and strain gauges in e-bike designs. In this article, we will explore the role of force sensors in e-bikes and how they enhance the riding experience.
In the fast-paced world of retail, the Grab and Go concept has revolutionized the way customers shop. To ensure a seamless and efficient experience, accurate measurements are paramount. This is where our load cells, a key component of weighing systems, play a vital role. Let's explore how the load cells of Zemic Europe contribute to the success of Grab and Go in the retail market:
Our load cells are specialized sensors that convert the weight or force applied to them into an electrical signal. In Grab and Go retail environments, load cells deliver precise weight measurements of products. Whether it's a pre-packaged sandwich, a bottled drink, or a snack, load cells ensure that the weight is accurately determined. This guarantees correct pricing and precise inventory management. Our object identification systems are the most suitable load cells for these applications.