Strain gauges are usually installed on a surface whether it is for stress analysis, to measure applied force or for load cell sensor production. A strain gauge measures strain of a material or structure at the point where it is installed. When a material deflects the strain gauge will vary its nominal resistance. This change can be used to determine force, weight, pressure, tension, compression, torsion and torque.
Zemic is a leading manufacturer and designer of strain gauges and force sensors. We offer a full range of strain gauges.
On this page you see the strain gauges we offer. Our experts are ready to give you more information about temperature compensation, type of strain gauges and the wheatstone bridge. So we can help you make a choice. For any questions, please contact us.
1-9 of 177
1-9 of 177
What are the different types of strain gauges?
At Zemic Europe we define different strain gauge types.
We can describe them by different characteristics.
To determine which kind of strain gauge you need, you can use these characteristics as filter options on this page:
- Grid material: Constantan foil, Karma foil
- Backing material: Polyimide, Phenolic Resin, etc.
- Geometry: for example Lineair strain gauge, full bridge strain gauge
- Rated nominal resistance: the resitance varies from 60 Ohm till 4000 Ohm
To order your strain gauge(s), you can also use our strain gauge selector. You can choose the exact specifications of the strain gauge you need (like material and dimensions) and then we will contact you to help you to select the right product.
Zemic produces strain gauges
Zemic is a strain gauge manufacturer. All of our strain gauges are produced according to the OIML R62 regulations and the RoHS environmental directives. They are also in accordance with the needs for sophisticated stress analysis and high-precision strain gauge sensors.
With professional technology Zemic is able to produce an annual output of over 50 million stable, reliable and first-class quality strain gauges. These are divided in different types and over a thousand different specifications. Thanks to sustainable and efficient technology research and development systems, Zemic maintains the strict quality assurance system.
Each package of strain gauges we deliver contains a specific datasheet. On this datasheet you can find all the information of the strain gauge, the quantity, production date and batch number.
Why use strain gauges from Zemic Europe?
Zemic is one of the leading strain gauges manufacturers in the world. We have over 50 years of experience in the development and production of strain gauges. Zemic produces a wide variation of strain gauges, with high quality and in high volume. With our experience and development expertise, Zemic has become one of the largest manufacturers of strain gauges.
Zemic Europe takes care of the sales, marketing and distribution within Europe. Zemic Europe is a centre of competence within the weighing industry and is able to supply you with the best solution for stress analysis and weighing applications.
We would like to be your partner in the field of force measurement. We offer you the following benefits:
- Fast delivery: We have thousands of strain gauges in stock ready for immediate delivery throughout Europe. When needed we can offer a 24h delivery service.
- Best quality /service / price ratio: With more than 35 years of being active in the field of weighing and our 130.000m2 high tech production facility we can offer the best quality / service / price ratio. Our customers value us as an excellent supplier. At Zemic you have a fixed contact person, who in most cases speaks your language.
- Wide range of strain gauges: the combinations you can make are almost endless. Whether you need 1000 Ohm or copper plated solder tabs, please let us know and we will help you.
- Custom made products: When a standard strain gauge does not fit your needs we are capable of customization. Daily 225 engineers are working on special custom made strain gauge solutions. We like to think along with you for the best solution. This is possible for both sampling and for series production.
You can read more about strain gauges here: Strain gauges information
If you have any specific requirements, please let us know. Our strain gauge experts are ready for your inquiry: