H8C shearbeam used in hospital beds
Vitalgo makes ICU Beds and more specifically a very special one that helps with ARDS patients and therefore particularly helpful for COVID-19 Virus Patients. Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a rapidly progressive disease occurring in critically ill patients. The main complication in ARDS is that fluid leaks into the lungs making breathing difficult or impossible.
Why use these special ICU Beds?
Standing upright for Pulmonary issues and without patient contact is, of course, a huge benefit of the Total Lift Bed.
Zemic Europe is proud we helped Vitalgo in the design of the Total Lift Bed weighing system. The Total Lift Bed Trendelenburg from Vitalgo features a patented weight bearing control system: one scale located in the sleep deck and one located in the patented Foot Lifter™ footboard. As the bed tilts, a digital screen displays the weight bearing ratio, allowing caregivers to control and gradually increase weight bearing capabilities for accelerated early mobility, improved ambulation and ultimately, optimized patient outcome. This weighing system has the NAWI approval. (EC type-approval Certificate T8813).
Benefits of the TLB in Early Mobility Programme
- Standing upright for Pulmonary issues and without patient contact
- Start mobility with patients sooner
- Receive baseline data
- Less risks of staff injuries
Modified H8C loadcell integrated in Vitalgo Total Lift Bed 425T
In the medical industry weighing is becoming a larger issue every day. Not only patients needs to be weigh but also different kinds of life saving equipment.
A few examples where Zemic weighing components are integrated in this sector:
• Monitor patient weight in several applications like hospital beds, wheel chairs etc.
• Infusion pumps
• Patient transporters
|Guideline for H8C in hospital beds|
Advantages of the TLB
The advantages of the Total Lift Bed are:
- Early Mobility decreases Vent days by 1.5 days for patients with ARDS (Source PADIS guidelines Society of Critical Care Medicine 2018) presented from expert ICU rehab panel during APTA webinar Saturday March 20, 2020
- Early Mobility decreases ICU days by 2 for patients with ARDs (Same source)
- Early Mobility for patients who are ventilated can take several people (Risk of exposure, use of multiple sets of PPE)
- Patients who are Covid positive cannot be discharged to Post-acute care settings. They must stay in the hospital until they can go home.
- Use of The TLB enables Early Mobility with 1-2 staff. The BED does the lifting.
- Use of the TLB frees up staff to do other things
Candidate for TLB.
Any patient who cannot get out of bed or would benefit from mobility is a potential candidate for the TLB
Common Diagnoses include:
- Ventilator Dependent
- Post Trauma or Surgery
Total Lift Bed 425T; improved design and features
The Total Lift Bed 425T remains true to its roots but has an improved design and new features. Vitalgo realises that clinicians have many choices for mobility once a patient can exit the bed but before that and for the other 23 hours a day the TLB is sometimes the only option. The TLB 425T’s new improvements will allow more patients to benefit from tilting and weight bearing.